Spring 2018 Collection: Decoded
Hello everyone! As you may know, Jaimie Nicole has recently launched our fabulous Spring/Summer collection. We have carefully and thoughtfully picked out the colors in this collection to invoke feelings of tranquility and happiness, feelings which are associated with the coming of spring. In this blog we are going to go more in depth into these colors and explain some of the properties and meaning behind each stone. The stones we have selected to use in the Spring/Summer collection are Pink Opal, Peridot, Quartz, Blue Chalcedony, Beer Quartz and Carnelian.
- Pink Opal: Pink opal is a stone of peace and serenity for the aura. It is especially noted for its energies in healing emotions. Sleeping with pink opal or holding it while in meditation helps to bring compassion and a gentle resolution of painful memories. The opal is said to be many things including the most powerful of healing stones, the stone of hope, the stone of great achievement and even the "stone of the Gods". Ancient Romans associated opal with hope and good luck. It is said to be the stone of love, but only to faithful lovers.
- Peridot: Dating back to ancient Egypt, Peridot was a favorite of Cleopatra, who wore the stone for its beauty and to ward off evil spirits. According to legend, the Queen's emeralds were actually Peridot crystals, which share a similar aesthetic to the highly prized jewel. Created from the intense inferno of volcanoes, Peridot is believed to be a gift from Mother Nature and considered a symbol of the yearly renewal of the planet. Peridot is also the August birthstone, making it a perfect gift for all our August babies out there!
- Quartz: Quartz is very prevalent throughout our Spring/Summer collection. We have chosen to use clear quartz, the most iconic of all the quartz family. The term “quartz” comes from the Greek term for “ice”. This mineral can develop in a wide range of environments and can be found on every continent in the world! This can account for its mass appeal and use in many ancient cultures folklore. Quartz can help open the mind and elevate negative perspectives to a more enlightened point of view. For those needing clarity of mind, clear quartz healing properties will eliminate energy blockages and allow energy to flow smoothly throughout the body.
- Blue Chalcedony: Blue chalcedony is also a member of the quartz family. Chalcedony brings the mind, body and spirit into alignment with its soothing blue color. It sends feelings of generosity and benevolence to you. Chalcedony removes unwanted feelings of hostility and removes sadness. This stone removes self-doubt and builds self-confidence. Using this stone to meditate will help you become a more open and enthusiastic person.
- Beer Quartz: Beer quartz is a balancing stone that is said to soothe the stomach, liver, and colon. In addition, beer quartz is believed to improve nervous coordination between the brain and muscles. It can also be helpful in the acceptance of necessary change.
- Carnelian: Carnelian is known as a stone of motivation, endurance, leadership and courage. Its color varies from pale pinkish-orange to a deep rusty brown, though it is most known for its brilliant orange and red-orange crystals. Carnelian is believed to help timid speakers become eloquent and bold. Ancient warriors wore this stone around their neck for courage and physical power to conquer their enemies. Carnelian is said to attract prosperity, new resources and good luck. It is a talisman for success in any money-making venture. In the workplace, it is a crystal of ambition, drive and determination, and wards off undue pressures of co-workers or impersonal corporations with unrealistic expectations.